Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Attorney misconduct?

My divorce was recently finalized but now that the air is clearing I'm wondering if my attorney acted in my best interest. Now he will not return my emails regarding unpaid alimony. He never explained processes beforehand such as mediation, and the judge handling the case with the attorneys in her chambers when I was expecting the case to be handled in open court. I provided accurate and honest information while my ex lied about his finances & hid a large amount of cash. I can't afford to hire another attorney.

Re: Attorney misconduct?

I HAD THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPEN TO MYSELF,HOWEVER IM SAVING THE MONEY NOW TO RE-OPEN MY DIVORCE.ITS A LAW STATE OF OHIO COUNTY LORAIN THAT IS MOST EVERYWHERE.HE SO YOU MIGHT CHECK IT OUT,BCZ HE CAN GO TO JAIL FOR NOT DISCLOSING:CALL THE STATE BAR OR WRITE THEM A LETTER BE SURE KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF.IM SORRY YOU HAD THE SAME HAPPEN,ARE YOU FROM LORAIN OHIO ?? I HAD ATTORNEY MIKE TONY HES A SCAM,THEIF,LIER.HE GETS AWAY WITH IT ALSO.MY EX ALSO ABOUT ALL KINDS OF MONEY & ASSETS, BUT AS YOU KNOW MUST BE PROVEN .I HAVE THE PROOF,IM JUST LIKE YOURSELF !!! KARMA KARMA !!! IN OHIO THE ONE THAT HIDES ASSETS & GETS CAUGHT MUST PAY 3 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF WHAT YOU CAN PROVE HE DID NOT DISCLOSE.SO MIGHT BE WORTH A CONSULT WITH ATTORNEY THAT WILL PROVE YOUR CASE THEN YOU CAN PAY HIM OR HER !!! YOU NEVER KNOW.DEFIENTLY WORTH CHECKING INTO.IM GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTY FOR ATTORNEY MY EX ALSO PAID HIM OFF.IM JUST NOT ABLE TO REALLY PROVE IT.

Re: Attorney misconduct?

Many cases are handled in chambers for several reasons. First, the judge tries to persuade each attorney and have them persuade their client. He can speak the attorney's language, discuss costs, and sometimes provide an indication of how he would rule on certain issues. Rarely are settlement conferences held in open court for obvious reasons.

Wife's friends to wife, You'd better make sure you get what you're entitled. I've heard of second wives with fancy cars, vacations, and the first wife getting clothes at Goodwill. Better make sure your attorney is tough and protects your rights.

Husband's friends to him. You'd better make sure you don't overpay. I heard of husbands kicked out of their own homes, imprisoned for not paying overblown support with wives buying fancy clothes and none of the money going to the children. Can't pay she says, go get a second job, work nights, weekends, use the soap over again, there's some great buys at the Dolar Store.

I've seen state sports championship and the level of intensity in divorce court in probably 100 times that. Tough, nasty, hard-nosed lawyers are accused of being too nice and accommodating. Having every third sentence someone say, how about my rights, my needs, what are we constantly talking about her, is not likely to lead to resolution and note while there are many complaints about settlements, there are an equal number of thousands and thousands of dollars spent on long trials too.