Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cancer, Seperation, Potential Divorce

My husband and I have been married 9 years. We don't have any kids together but we do have kids from previous marriages that are young adults. He is very close to my daughters and they love him very much. We have both done some bad things in our marriage that had damaged our relationship. Last year he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer that is treatable but incurable. He has also developed an addiction to pain medication. Within 6 weeks of his diagnosis he had moved out on me. Since we have not been living together our love for each other has been found again and seems stronger than it ever was. We still do things together, stay the night with each other and so on. He constantly tells me how much he loves me and talks about trips and new places he wants to go with me. When he is not feeling well he wants me by his side. He is seeing/dating another person but tells me it is not a sexual relationship due to the fact he has no desire. Mainly because of the addiction. Things will seem to be going well for us and then all of a sudden he backs off and puts a distance between us for about a week and then we are right back to things going good. He says that we will have to eventually divorce but has not done anything to start the process. I don't want to a divorce. I want to repair our marriage before the cancer ends his life. He doesn't seem to want that but expects me to still be part of his life and be friends after the divorce. I have told him if we divorce then I can't be part of his life anymore. I don't see how I can. I love him too much and would never be able to move on with my life. I am very confused and don't know what I should do. Any advice?