Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What final details I should know & ask for at the end of a divorce process?

My situation is im getting divorce & my ex has a drug issue & was charge for domestic violence.
I want full custody of our 3 children, the house (witch my parent pay for), and a permitted VPO.
beside the most common request in a divorce that I just list, what should I ask for or should know about?? Either one of us came in to this marriage with nothing & I believe we should go out with nothing. As for our finance we didn’t have joint account & for our 401K or saving...im asking the court that I keep mine and he keep his. I have NOT received any child support from my ex since I filled for divorce, its been over a year now & till this day not one penny! So any of you are readying this...is there anything I should know or ask the court for our final court day? If things go south for me...I didn’t get full custody, didn’t get VPO and have to sale the house to cover for the settlement...is there anything that can benefit me and the kids?? Im in the sooner state, any words or advice thank you

Re: What final details I should know & ask for at the end of a divorce process?

do you have an order for child support? If so I would make sure the judge knows you haven’t received a penny. If you don’t, Then . That is something you need to bring up. Also how long were you married, alimony differs in different states. He might have to pay alimony once child support ends depending on how long you were married. Also did he do any jail time? That can make a difference in custody and the split of anything you have should they make you sell the house and share the profits.