Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex Husband has no boundaries and is invading my privacy HELP

I've been divorced for 7 + years and live in a very small town. Unfortunately I'm always running into my ex which is a huge problem for me but I do realize it's inevitable. I remain in the small town because we have young children together and I'm not allowed to move them away. I do plan to move immediately once the kids are 18.

A few weeks ago a new business opened up adjacent to my home. It's a bar with a large screen porch that overlooks the lake. My dock is next door. My ex has been patronizing this new establishment EVERY single day since it has opened. It makes me extremely uncomfortable and I feel like it is a major invasion of my privacy. He is able to see anything I do outside or on my dock. He is also able to tell when I have company. It is absolutely ruining my summer and causing me tremendous anxiety.

Do I have any legal recourse to force him to respect a physical boundary? He hasn't threatened me or broken any laws. I just feel the need for a physical boundary and privacy at least when I'm at home.

Talking to him will not help, he will just make sure he continues the behavior that I dislike.

I feel like a prisoner in my own home and I feel trapped in this town.

Please help!!!!

Re: Ex Husband has no boundaries and is invading my privacy HELP

KA: I don't blame you for being upset. He will probably get tired of this behavior after a while. If he doesn't, is it a rental and could you rent someplace else?