Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Should I Do 1st? Calif. Narcissist Abusive Husband With Money

Please apply California Marriage Law when replying and advising. Thank You so very much for caring.

I am so glad I found this forum but I honestly dont know where to start. So if this post seems a bit scattered it's likely because I'm scattered.

First my question which I'll follow with a little background & explanation.

HERE IT GOES......

1. WHAT FORMS DO I USE TO BEGIN MY DIVORCE WHERE I AM IMMEDIATELY GIVEN SUPPORT IN ORDER TO PAY RENT SOMEWHERE ELSE AND REMOVE MYSELF FROM AN ABUSIVE & POTENTIALLY HARMFUL SITUATION
2. IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE GIVEN SPOUSAL SUPPORT IF THERES NO INCOME FROM EMPLOYMENT BUT PLENTY OF MONEY IN HIS ACCT FROM INHERITANCE?
3. IF I WAS FORCED TO SIGN A DOCUMENT RELINQUISHING INTEREST IN THE PROPERTY, IS THERE A LAW THAT MIGHT PROTECT MY RIGHTS . PERHAPS DOMESTIC ABUSE LAW HAVING BEEN THREATENED AND COERCED.
4. LASTLY, IF I FIND A WAY TO GAIN ACCESS TO HIS MONEY IN HIS BANK ACCOUNTS IS IT ILLEGAL TO TAKE ANY OF IT IN ORDER TO MOVE?

We still reside under the same roof. I need financial help the day I file in order to leave. Otherwise, I'll be physically removed with whatever I'm wearing and holding in my hands at the time. Nothing more. The rest is his. (Yup, this happened before.)
He recently hit me with an open hand, so a hard slap. It left a mark and I took photos. He has said terrible things such as "if you cant do things my way I'll just bury you in my yard and call in a missing person report".
Neither of us have income from employment but do some online sales of collectables and clothing.
He has a substantial amount of money in his checking acct. and 3xs that in a savings acct. A 6 figure balance in each inherited from his fathers Savings Acct where he was named POD (payable on death)
He constantly inhibits my ability to leave him. Hes destroyed nearly completed divorce papers 3 times.
He makes sure my account stays at a minimum by "forgetting his wallet" when we go to the grocery or starting a fight when we need dog food or gas payment is due. You probably get the idea...

I've been married to my husband 8yrs. I have 2 adult children from 1st marriage. 4 years ago my husband moved us 500 miles away from where my kids and grandson live. In this 4 years I've gone through chemotherapy and several surgeries and have survived a very aggressive form of breast cancer. All the while longing to have my son and daughter with me. Such a difficult time for me, and its only getting more difficult.

My husband has taken care of his disabled father from the time we met. His father passed away 3 months ago and left my husband a substantial amount of money and property. The cash portion being in 2 forms. 1. POD (payable on death) Savings Account 2. Named Beneficiary on Pension. His money has ALWAYS been something he has kept seperate from me and uses to blackmale, belittle, and bribe . I guess this gives him a sense of authority. Since when does a husband have authority over his wife? Of course I have dignity and self respect and dont play the ***** game with him. This ticks him off to no end. Ok onward.........
About a year after we moved here I was so depressed, (going through the throes of having cancer and separated from my kids, daughter 8.5 months pregnant) going through hell quite literally, was presented with a legal document. This woman, standing in my living room, oh wait! my husband's living room (everything is his he reminds me of this every day)with this document for me to sign that would relinquish any interest I could have to the property. I cursed her and demanded she leave my house immediately. His house. From that day and for 3 months straight, every single cotton picking day I was tormented, degraded, devalued, verbally abused and hounded to sign that document. They would not stop or let up even a little until I signed my interest to the house away. My husband swore and promised that once his father passed away he would add my name to the deed. There is no mortgage, house is owned by my husband who is still the only name on the deed.

Re: What Should I Do 1st? Calif. Narcissist Abusive Husband With Money

Do arrange for a consultation with a divorce lawyer and if you are not employed, perhaps legal aid can provide counsel. While it can be hard, it seems that both of you are unhappy and you should follow through despite the challenges.