Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone else have this experience?

I’m 70 yrs old and my husband is 68. He retired about 5 years ago and my life has sucked since then. He has copd and gained about 200 lbs. he is about the laziest person that I have ever known. He never picks up after himself and could probably be a hoarder with no problem. He also is very critical and is a smart ass. He thinks he knows everything and is always right. He makes me feel very bad about myself. He’s always been like that but before he was at work and not around all the time. I remember hating the weekends because he was home. Now, my 49 year old son has moved in with us for the third time in two years. He likes to drink and cannot seem to keep a job. He has been divorced twice and after the second one he lived in a friend of his house for 6 months and paid nothing but his friend wanted to sell the house so he had nowhere to go and no money. He came begging to live with us. My husband feels sorry for him so allows him in. I wasn’t given a chance to decide if I wanted him in or not. Six months later he got a job at an auto parts place. And moved out and moved into a girl’s parents house. Stayed there for abourt three months. Then he was back wanting to move back in here because it wasn’t working out there. I told him to look for a place to live and several months later he got a really good job and moved to a trailer which was very nice. The girlfriend moved in and they lived there less than 2 months because he lost that job because of his drinking. They moved back in her parents house until about 3 months ago and he was working at the auto parts place again. Then on a Monday morning he called and was in jail all weekend because he couldn't get hold of someone to bail him out. She was doing meth with a friend and when he came home he got mad and they called the cops on him for domestic violence. Again he shows up at our house with nowhere to live. He stays here for several weeks and he has lost his job. She gets put in the hospital and calls him because she is so lonely and the fool goes back over to her. Again she is doing meth aat another girl’s house and she tells him to leave . So again he is back at our house. He does have a job working in a wearhouse. My husband acts like he wants him here and I want him out. Am I right?