Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Visitation w/o court order

Still married. ex moved across the country. daughter has spent 3 weeks total with him over the last 4 years. she is 7. He wants her to fly alone w/chaperone across country but wont give me any details as to who will be watching her on her vacation or any emergency numbers. I dont feel comfortable with her going. He doesnt call her often at home. He does pay child support. There is no court order. Can I keep her here until he is willing to be more open about details regarding her being there. Its hard to trust someone she isn't very close to. Her step father has been here everyday.

Re: Visitation w/o court order

Maya: I would get a consultation with a Family Lawyer about this.

Re: Visitation w/o court order

I absolutely would not let your child get on that plane. Without a court order you do not have to do any of this. You have the right to know who will be with your child and a way to get ahold of her at all times. This sends a red flag for me I have been through domestic violence and my ex husband would take my kids from time to time and not let know where my daughters were even after midnight on a school night and it was a nightmare. Trust your gut and your instinct don't do anything based on the fact that your trying to please the other parent if he is open with you and you know all the details and fell comfortable with her going that is one thing but if he isn't going to tell you anything about her whereabouts and the people watching her that is not ok. Hope this helped