Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mutual agreement to separate but complex situation

Hello
My husband and I have been married 8 years and have a 2 year old. We have been unhappy since the day we got married honestly. I think we both played a role in the breakdown or our relationship however I do believe his lack of affection and emotion was the ultimate killer. We just had a very volatile and unhappy marriage. We both agreed to end it as it’s taking a toll on us mentally and physically now

We live in Canada and own a home here, but I am from the USA originally and have my support system there. I feel that at this age my child needs us both to be around and am considering staying here for a few years, even have a job lined up as I was a stay at home mom for two years. I just don’t know what to really do

We made our decision to split two weeks ago but are still in the house Living in a friendly manner trying to give our son some normalcy, I just don’t know where to begin with this process and feel so lost. We are committed to coparenting but know we’ll have to sell our house create a custody agreement etc I just don’t know where to begin. Especially with a. Two year old who takes up 90-% of my time and energy and no immediate family in the country