Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How do you find the strength to walk away?

Where does the strength to walk away come from when you know that you will be letting your children down? My husband has a chronic illness (which is likely to get worse in 5 years or so) however he is mean and does not interact with me. In fact he has always be distant. When our first son was three, I attempted to move out. When the oldest one was 10 and the youngest one was 5, we moved out for 6 months. I also moved out of the home three years ago, only to return. Fear and guilt brings me back. I am not getting any younger, and must be okay with letting go because my husband is not really interested in being in a relationship with me.

Re: How do you find the strength to walk away?

Everyone will be happier in the long run. I just left and I have 2 boys. Married a Narcissist who was also mean, threatened suicide, etc trying to manipulate me. It worked but I grew a pair. Now. in the process of divorce and he has already moved on. If you are unhappy. Find a way to be happy again. it's worth it.

Re: How do you find the strength to walk away?

It isnt easy. Especially if you're still in love with the Jerk. I stayed for 37 years. Married for 45. We were separated for 8 yrs. I stayed because we were overseas. Cant just go home to mama. Then, I stayed because I got pregnant. Had 3 Kids. Stayed for them. Fights the whole time. He cheated the whole time. I was no angel. I did cheat twice. You stay...you say, it'll get better, or, maybe you're Afraid to leave...threats are scarey. Some of Us never get the nerve to leave...I got Cancer. I looked Death straight in the face. He became more distant. I lost my breasts, he got worse. When it got Abusive I Prayed and asked God to open doors for me. IT WAS THE HARDEST THING I EVER HAD TO DO, BUT, I PACKED, AND, DROVE AWAY. CRIED SO MUCH MY EYES WERE BUBBLES. SCARED TO DEATH. BUT. THEN, IT HIT ME...*I WAS FREE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE I WAS 17 YEARS OLD! STRENGTH FILLED ME, HOPE, EXCITEMENT...
JUST LEAVE. YOU CAN DO IT. REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE NEVER ALONE. AND ONE DAY WHEN YOU ARE BEFORE THE LORD, ITS GONNA BE YOU...NOBODY IS GONNA BE THERE! EXCEPT YOU AND THE FATHER! SO...START NOW! TAKE HIS HAND AND MOVE ON! THERES MANY ORGANIZATIONS OUT THERE TO HELP YOU TOO.
LISTEN TO THE SONG BY RASCAL FLATTS...*STAND*
AND TRY TO DO THIS...
*DONT FOLLOW SOMEONE ELSE'S PATH, BLAZE YOUR OWN, AND, LEAVE A TRAIL OF DUST BEHIND *!!!
STAND STRONG