Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I’m ready to leave but staying for my two dogs

Married for 10 years I had been under guilt in this relationship from day one and my partner did make me feel guilty. I have had finally this year started to talk about separation this year. My husband makes me nervous that he will have nervous break down and something like that.. we both know we aren’t right for each other n had been hurting each other. Now I know I need to get out of this relation for the betterment of both but the only reason is we have two dogs together and they are my life. I feel guilty for making them go through this I mean if I separated or divorce my husband. I’m not sure what would happen if I go away. But the same time living in this marriage is killing me inside. I feel caged. Very confused and anxious. Feeing Helpless ..

Re: I’m ready to leave but staying for my two dogs

Same here. Divorced for 2 months but staying in house because of 2 large senior dogs. Hate my ex and I'm miserable but here for the dogs.

I’m extremely sorry you have to go through this. My issue is I have to go back home,Asia. I cannot take my dogs with me. And it s hard to make a decision.

How are you doing ?

I'm still in the house with him but I stay in the finished basement with the 2 dogs and 3 cats. It sucks but I try to avoid him and can't stand the sight of him
Maybe in the spring I'll see what the house is worth and hopefully move but I'm on SSI. How are you?

I have 7 dogs and 4 cats. I'm worried about them if I left. I would take for sure some of the dogs. they are so loyal, I love dogs. My husband is getting to the point where I can't stand the sight of him.. what has yours done to make u feel that way?

Verbally abused me for 2+years,for ex. called me f...... stupid &every name in the book. Belittled me in front of others. Tried to trick me into signing our house over to him during the divorce but I didn't. The list goes on and on,21 years of his BS.

I'm ok. Still on the house and hating the ex. How do you get over the rage?

This hits so close to home for me. I was trying to stay in my marriage for our two dogs, at least until the older one passes away. He ended up asking for a divorce so we moved ahead very quickly. We each took one dog and went our separate ways. I am now feeling very guilty that I made a selfish decision to separate the dogs as I'm now living in an apartment and gone to work all day. I'm seeing the confusion, boredom and loneliness on the face of my sweet old dog and it's really hard. And I miss the other dog terribly. They really are our family. Just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain. Wishing you the best possible outcome.

Thank you. May try to move in the spring if I can afford it. Can you get another companion dog? It's hard in an apt.