Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sports and Care Schedule

I have a son(10) and daughter(7) whom I have shared custody with my ex-husband. We have had the same care schedule for the last several years and only switch a day here-or-there as needed. Kids are with me Monday & Tuesday, with their dad on Wednesday & Thursday and then we switch every other weekend (Fri-Sun).
Both kids are playing soccer this fall and our son will practice on Monday and Thursday for 1 hour and our daughter will practice on Thursday for 1 hour. They will both be done with practice by 6:45pm. My ex-husband is requesting that we alternate Thursdays each week so that we both have "equal time" with the kids. Thoughts? Has anyone else come across this situation?

I feel like this is an activity for the kids and don't feel like its "stealing" our time with them on our custody nights. In addition, we have no control over what nights practice is scheduled. My personal feeling is that it will be too confusing for our kids to remember that every other Thursday will be different when we've been on the same care schedule for so long.