Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Won't move out.

My husband has taken the stance that he won't move out.

Recently, we went to court to establish a temporary divorce order. The order establishes child support based on a parenting plan and says he must move out by Oct 1.

Here is the thing he told me the same day the order came down that there was no way he was going to be able to keep the parenting plan (he argued in court for more parenting time) at first because he won't have a place to take the kids. Also, he said that he won't be able to move out OCT 1, furthermore he's not even looking for a place from what I can tell.

I'm not being difficult. He has known I was planning to file for divorce since last year. I made it official at the end of April and filed in early May. I let him sell a $30,000 asset so he would have funds to pay bills and move out (no worries I have a signed document that he gets the asset in the divorce). I pay for the entire home and bills. He has almost no monthly responsibilities beyond debts he creates for himself.

Does anyone has experience with this? I'm doing the divorce prose but have already spent thousands on lawyer advice. I want to avoid using as much legal time as possible. I'm trying to keep the divorce amicable but I feel like he's pushing me into a corner to have him forcibly removed. We have kids. Having him forcibly removed would be traumatic to the kids.

Advice or feedback?

Re: Won't move out.

Sorry I have no advice,:white_frowning_face: but having similar situation. It seems every state is different. Is he going to be out by next week?