Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
divorce done but stuck with lean on home?!

anybody expert in divorce law out there…I recently got divorce and my ex lawyer has a lean on our house, how do I get him to take the lean off??! In our divorce settlement I got the house & custody of the kids. The judge did not order the lawyer to take the lean off of the house even though I ask for that to be considered. I am a single mom of 3 …im asking for some advice or comment on the lean on the house because of financial situation…I can barely afford to pay bills for the house & take care of my children. My concern is I may need to relocate to be close to my family to get some help and support. I don’t know when or if that time come…when I need to sale the house and his lawyer still has a lean on it how will that affect me? it seems like it would to me & I don’t have any money to go to court again….anyone has any advice or comment that can help with the lean situation in the sooner state? How can I get him to get it off now …I appreciate thanks!!

Re: divorce done but stuck with lean on home?!

See if you can set up a payment plan and see if he can will take it off. If not when you sell the house he will be paid thru the escrow. its a pain, I just had a mechanics lien put on my house. I just paid it off, but it expired. they did it illegally too.