Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Divorce support

I'm so alone and lost. Ex divorced me after 30 years of marriage. Hard to go on. Help.

Re: Divorce support

I am so sorry. I've endured similar. This is what helped me:

1. Sign up for online dating sites, even if you just talk to people but aren't ready to meet in person. Plenty of Fish and OKCupid are good,and free.

2. Look up shine FM, or if you have XM, listen to The Message.

3. Remember who you were and what you liked to do prior to marriage.

4. Pick up a copy of 20 Years Gone: A Divorce Story by Dorian Wright from Amazon or your local bookstore.

5. When you're ready, start dating again. It's not too late! I found someone new and am happily remarried now.

6. Look forward, not backward

7. Book a fun trip for yourself

I'm so sorry you're going through this. But please try and surround yourself with positive people and activities. If you're a person of faith pray often and/or with someone. I'm a true believer that in time all pain will get better. My divorce court date is on October 11th so I'll be walking this same path and using this same advice soon. But I got a feeling we're all going to be just dandy...

It's always good to stay positive. That's how I get through the day... "it can always be worse". Maybe that's not a positive thought to some, but whatever it takes to make it through.
I wish I could fast forward to a court date. How long has it been since you started? I'm just trying to get started. I just wonder about the timing of all of it... from getting started, to him being served, to court dates or meetings. :worried:

Nonny: My Lawyer told me it would take about a year to get to the final court phase (and then there was a waiting period of a few months before it was final). I passed the time at a local health club. Its a good time to focus on yourself and to take care of yourself. If you cannot afford to do anything, even just going out for a walk or spending time with supportive friends and/or family is good. It did take exactly a year even with his Lawyer dragging his feet. I don't know what the time period was from the time he filed to when I was served, but there was a delay in getting me served. I saw a side of him I'd never seen before during the divorce process, unfortunately. Best wishes.