Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Moving on so quickly

Hello, I wanted to get some feedback about my ex husband moving on so quickly. Married 12 years, been together over 16 years total. The divorce was final the last day of June of this year. He wanted the divorce and I was completely against it. We have 2 Little girls together. He got bored real quick, just a few weeks, closer to a month or so after the divorce and went online looking for a fling, I believe. He met a woman, with 2 girls as well. He’s even told me he was not looking for anything serious but he fell hard from day one for her. He loves her kids as well and everything about this woman. He introduced our children to her within 2 weeks of knowing her. And was adamant about introducing our kids to her kids very just a few weeks after. He cannot stay away from this woman. Went on vacation with her 6 weeks after he met her to the small town him and I married and vacation at every year together and with our children. It’s a very special place for us, I thought. I believe he’s found his soulmate. He was perfectly content with one child with me but after 3 years of begging for one more, we did. Now he basically has 4 and he’s loving it! I’ve been very civil and all I want is my girls to be okay and happy and they seem to love her and her children which I’m grateful for. Yes, my heart is broken in pieces that he loves these people and didn’t love me enough to save our marriage. He didn’t cheat and I know this 100% but him moving on so quick is just not him. Do relationships typically last that happen this quick?’ I feel like he’s got some spell over him bc it isn’t him. Has anyone been through this???

Re: Moving on so quickly

You have a valid question - such quick relationships don’t last long. It takes great courage / compromises to understand a person and then decide to spend the rest of our life loyaly.

Now i am being neutral here because I need to know what is the reason that he got attracted to that female. Think about it and reply me on rugved1827@icloud.com

My husband and I just separated just few weeks ago and he has moved on I’m hurt I feel that it is rebound and it won’t last

I’m separated and craving a fling but I’m not cuz I know it’ll hurt my partner (ex?). Divorces take a while to finalize. I think it shows great respect for you that your ex waited until the divorce was final and great restrain on their behalf. Rebound, hook up, serious, whatever it is I say just let them experience it and explore.