Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Living my worst nightmare.

Hello all,

I really just need this platform to vent, seek some advice and to overall help me. This is a summary of what I am going through.

I have been separated from my husband for almost two years now. He was very emotionally abusive and started to become physical as well. We were together for 11 years and financially provided for me throughout those years. I hardly worked throughout our marriage due to the fact that he was so controlling.

This past February he lawyered up after we had come to an agreement and now he is screwing me over. He forced me out of the marital home which was in both of our names. I had to move in with my mother, I have no where else to go. He took every last penny from our joint account and got an account in his own name. Left me with absolutely nothing. He had destroyed 85% of my belongings which I am still paying for on a credit card. Our divorce is almost over but he refuses to pay alimony, or even help me out financially right now.

I am so terrified because he threatened me in the past that no one would ever believe me and I am pathetic. I had a job but then it shut down due to COVID and now I am recovering from a concussion. Now he is trying to push our divorce to trial because he's claiming that he can't afford alimony and that I am cohabitating. I am at my wits end I almost have no fight left in me.

Please someone tell me what to do and how to get through this!

Re: Living my worst nightmare.

Hi Ashley, don't give up the fight.
He is trying to squeeze you like a lemon, and it's working so far.

There are laws that he can't defer. He will have to apply what he is supposed to do.

According to what you said, he emptied your account and destroyed your stuff. He has to pay the consequences of his acts. Alimonies are calculated according to his revenus, assets... so he should be fine. I am sure he is not happy though, but he reaped what he sowed.

I assume you have a lawyer you are talking to... did you tell him about this?

If not, there is a divorce workshop coming up, called the second saturday (it's been running for 30 years) where you can hear and talk with a lawyer, a financial advisor and a therapist. You get a lot of information and you don't pay the hourly fee of a lawyer!!!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/second-saturday-fort-worth-tickets-123214781729?aff=efbneb

Sophie,
He isn't paying any consequences for his actions. And he won't be either. He knows i'm broke and can't afford my lawyer. The only way I for-see myself getting any alimony is if this goes to trial because he's forcing for it to go there. He's trying to prove that I shouldn't get alimony due to the cohabitating laws. However, I am not cohabitating. But I also can't afford this to go to trial emotionally and financially. Which means i'll have to give in and give up for no money and I can't do that either.

Yes I do have a lawyer, he knows everything. He's more the sit and wait kind of guy. Not to worry about anything until it's time to.

Hi Ashley Smith, I'm so sorry about what you're passing thru. You don't deserve to be treated like that. It hurts so bad to see that you are not financially able to take care of your bills and I'm willing to offer a solution to you, all I need is your full cooperation and you will be glad you did. Let's talk via my mail dylanrichardsonthegreat @ gmail.com or via hangouts if you have that app installed in your phone. I'll be expecting your mail. Take care.

Dylan
Hi Ashley Smith, I\'m so sorry about what you\'re passing thru. You don\'t deserve to be treated like that. It hurts so bad to see that you are not financially able to take care of your bills and I\'m willing to offer a solution to you, all I need is your full cooperation and you will be glad you did. Let\'s talk via my mail dylanrichardsonthegreat @ gmail.com or via hangouts if you have that app installed in your phone. I\'ll be expecting your mail. Take care.
Creeper much?

Is it all right to say the obvious, you don't take advice from his ex, who obviously has his interests in mind.

Do not the old poker saying, act strong, really weak. So when he says, you better take when I'm giving you, you will get nothing if you try the case, this is a take it or leave off, he's really saying, please, please, please, help me settle the case, I'm really worried and feel powerless.

If you have to listen to what he says, a basic guide is to do the opposite of what he recommends.