Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is it a sign to leave when your husband starts to be abusive just after staying 3 months togethe

Thank you for your reply. I am currently staying with my parents and they are paying for my tuitions. My parents want me to finish my graduation so they will continue to pay for my education even if I am divorced. But they are telling me to stay separated for year first, the reason I don't agree with them anymore is because they had said the same thing before but they eventually called my husband and his family and forced me to fix everything with him. This is why I am asking for an immediate file for divorce, he has already abused me to the point that I have anxiety attacks 2/3 times a day, my sleeping routine is messed up because of nightmares, I don't feel like eating (I literally ate one piece of bread in the last two days). He has my passports at his place, so I can't go to the police station and file a complaint.
I am in a very bad shape, my mental health is so bad that all I can think about is killing myself to escape from this pain.

Re: Is it a sign to leave when your husband starts to be abusive just after staying 3 months togethe

Maybe you can contact the VSC: https://dmp.gov.bd/victim-support/
Possibly they can give you more information and help you.

I’m not surprised to find another brown woman in the same situation that I am I’m an Indian 22-year-old female who is in a very similar situation as you I married very young. I was 20 when I told my parents and got married a month after my 21st birthday the first few weeks are fine I did not want to go behind my parents back and break their trust so after meeting the guy I told them about him about three weeks later And instead of giving me time to get to know him my parents rushed on marriage. After my parents planned our engagement, week six of our relationship everything began changing. physical mental verbal abuse has ruined my life and like you has made me suicidal. Similarly my education is Financially a burden for my husband despite the fact that I earn enough to cover my own cost of education and living costs . I have no right to separate bank account or to spend money without consent. I’ve been married a year and a half and have spend less than 500 on clothes and shoes in the entire time. I have not right to drive my own car and have to ask for permission. Anytime anything goes wrong I am to blame for it, for example, my husband forgets his cards in my parents car and it’s my fault that I did not remember to grab them. My mother tells me to leave him but my father refuses to let me. I am all alone with no support my siblings tell me to make the change but the most difficult thing is knowing what to do afterwards. How will I support myself financially while working I’m going to school and rent is ridiculous here in NYC. At this point in time I have no idea what I’m going to do but all I can hope for is the strength to push through as well as support from the very few friends that I have left despite having to cut more than 99% of them off because of my husband. I’m thinking about running away in a few weeks but I’m not sure where to go hopefully as the day gets closer someone will help!