Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does the loneliness ever go away.

I am in a similar boat and feel like I'm drowning in sadness. We were married 20 years. It wasn't a good marriage, but wasn't bad at the same time. Our lack of communication skills and stubbornness lead to a life if just basically being roommates. I am the one that moved out as I could see the damage staying was doing on our youngest. Now I'm miserable, can't stop crying. I want my life back, but there is zero chance of that..he's moved on and already had a serious relationship. I don't have any advice, but you are not alone.

Re: Does the loneliness ever go away.

The short answer is YES, it goes away!! But you have to help make it go.

If you pick up a copy of "20 Years Gone: A Divorce Story" by amateur author Dorian Wright (book is available at Google Books and amazon.com), you will see that they had a divorce scenario that would send pretty much any normal person spiraling into insanity. But, guess what: they stayed strong, fought the loneliness, kept involved in activities and helping others who were in worse shape than they were, and after some time, they even met someone new and are now happily married!! I highly recommend the book, as it is a true survival story.

The loneliness can be beaten- the biggest part is filling your open time to keep the demons from coming :( Volunteer to help others, like an elderly neighbor. Go pick up a shift at Goodwill or related thrift store. I promise you that there are others out there in far worse situations than you. Use this time and health of yours to help others, and it will definitely help to erode the loneliness. Best of luck to you.