Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I feel my life is over. I don’t know how to start over now

I'm afraid of being alone too! But then I start thinking of all the things I can do without his opinion on everything. You get so wrapped up in what they want, what they like, and lose yourself along the way!

Re: I feel my life is over. I don’t know how to start over now

Hi Lori,

So sorry that you are going through this! Just ignore the trolls ("Pat/Carol")

Unfortunately, it sounds like your husband has made some decisions for himself. When he gets mean, I think all you can do right now is ignore him. Don't give him any feedback/reaction and he'll get tired of lashing out when he doesn't get a response.

Do you think staying together is an option? Could you continue to live together/share expenses, but have more independence from each other. Can you or him move to another bedroom, create your own space in the home. Could there be a middle ground where he can have his need met, you can find some additional support so you are not dependent so much on him and you two can continue to share expenses and provide some support for each other.

Do you think your relationship could improve? You said you are moving. Are you moving together or separately?

Good luck!
Kelly