Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Separating wanting insight

Hello Heidi. My divorce was final earlier this year. My ex is an alcoholic too - and we were married for 27 years. I suggest talking about custody and property settlement only with an attorney. You have rights and a lawyer can offer a fresh perspective. Also - I wanted to share that Alanon really helped me reclaim my life and sanity. It's a support group for family and friends of alcoholics.

Thank you all for the support I appreciate it. I have a lawyer I have just seen some horror stories on here where a mom lost her kids because of lies and that scares the crap out of me. My boys are my world and while I am sure him and his dad will lie about me I am also sure there are others that will speak the truth I am just all in my head all the time contemplating back and forth about it. Because he is a binge drinker he can go periods without drinking and when he does he is not a horrible dad but he also is a lazy dad. I guess I was hoping to hear some stories from people who were successful in getting this done without major issues down the road.

Hi Heidi,

I’m so glad I found this site. I am in the same situation. I am contemplating divorce vs separation at this time. My husband is getting out of hand and put my 21 month old in harms way. I cannot continue on. Do you have an email I can reach out?