Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Should I settle?

@Lisa thank you! You are so right. He literally told me all I am is a great "Administrative assistant" but I had no parts in building his business and that he did it all on his own. When his truck broke down, I was there. Him and his drivers get paid every week because of me. His paperwork is A1 because of me. His biggest account that bring in majority of the money is because of me. I landed that account. How dare he! Just thinking about it is really grinding my gears. I'm so sorry that you went through something similar. If you don't mind me asking, since you went through it already, did you end up getting half of the business?

Hi Tatiyana

I did get 49% (Which I agreed) if I would’ have not than both of us would go to Trial and than the judge would decide who gets what) going to Trial can be expensive ...you have the right to chose your assets and than your attorney will present to your ex to see if he would agree of what you chose to be yours (hopefully he will)
As long as you have joint accounts (under both names) you will be fine
Is the business under your name? because it it is not that will consider separate asset to him only .
Other than that all joints accounts and deeds etc... is divided
1/2 and 1/2 unless he gives you hard time asking for more
In that case you can try Mediation before going to Trial
(My divorce took almost 2 yrs to be finalized )
Gather the last 2 or 3 years of your income taxes,
Bank Accounts Numbers including the present balance (just in case he withdraw money from the account) once he knows your are filing for divorce , open a bank account under your name only (whatever money you can deposit) open a P.O. Box , all documents that you need to proof that is under your name and your husband name (just to have it handle if in case you need to proof it)
Take care

I wish you the best 🙏✌️

@Lisa thank you so much!