Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Please help me

I was in your position once too. In my situation, he was the one that wanted counseling and I didn't, but I gave in eventually. The therapist was the one who opened my eyes and said divorce was the only option. I reflect back on my feelings of being terrified when I left him. It was absolutely the hardest thing, and I was a zombie for a little while. A little lost zombie. But as cheesy as it sounds, take it a day at a time. That was my little mantra that got me through it all. I've been divorced for 5 years now as of this month, and I've never been happier with who I am now. You've got this. We are stronger than we realize.

Re: Please help me

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through and can relate to being scared of the unknown and being alone. I was with my husband for a long time (dating-wise) before we got married and he's really all I've known. Honestly, good for you for discussing your feelings with him, that can take courage, so good on you. I am just sorry to hear he wasn't willing to work on things. I am going to just make an assumption that he might not be just fine too, and putting up a front. That's what my husband did and he's the one who initiated the divorce. But later, he's started admitting to how hard it's been on him too. I hope you truly find your happiness, everyone deserves it!