Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lost feeling

Hi Shelby
He is a type of guy that does not believe in counseling
He said is waste of money
Sometimes I feel leaving this marriage (like you have said) there is no connection between us
Is just living as a roommate
Thank you replying

Without knowing the argument and how it was a general assumption I would say is him reaffirming he loves you maybe he feels you may not think he does when you argue. Maybe he has insecurity that you will still love him so he is saying it first to get you to say it back. Maybe he grew up or saw someone when they fought it got too nasty and it ended in divorce. And of course the conclusion you came to is definitely a possibility. I wouldn't read to much into that and just ask him.

How he is when he goes out, is he put on a face for everyone else and acts the role he should be. My hubby does do this. But for me, I realized I was arm candy per sea to say see I have a wife and if you would see us he acts wicked affection and is all over me touching you would never know we haven't had sex our entire marriage.

So I would say perhaps you get the real him when he is home. Maybe he is an introverted guy who becomes extroverted to meet the social demands?

Have you tried bringing him out of his shell when you are out. Going out to a concert and trying to get him to dance or sing. Just an example that is.

I think everyone in a marriage becomes annoyed and disinterested at some point an time.

My husband has annoyed the bageesus out of me to the point I don't like him sometimes.

The question is when you don't like him is the the majority of the time? and what don't you like?

Hello
I do not like him sometimes is that when he is around people he is likes to joke around, talkative, act different to other people but when we are home he is quiet

And also we deal with a lot of single mothers in the work we do and one time as a joke he told me
( you are the only one that have a husband)
And I just looked at him

I sometimes feels he does not like me either 🤷🏻‍♀️
It is very hard to communicate with him even though we have been married for 25 yrs
His answers is either Yes or No (few words comes out from his mouth)

I just got used to I guess after so many years together
I mentioned few times to go to marriage therapy but he denied
I feel sometimes that I should walk out instead of being with him I am kind of tired living with him