Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Blindsided! Have two kids

Hey Shanna,

Just wanted to say thank you for reaching out and being vulnerable. I find myself in a similar situation. I have two kids 10, 8 and my spouse of 13 years came to me yesterday to tell me he doesn’t want to be married anymore, that he hates his life and being tethered to me. He says he has been miserable for the last 7 years, and needs to “find himself.” He also threatened to kill himself a few times, (which has been a guilt tactic).

In my unique situation, I worry 100% for my financial security. I work part time, rent, have no savings, a ton of debt. I’m currently looking into any supports through government funding and other non profit organizations. I’ve written down my bills, income, child tax income etc. I’ve looked at where I can separate finances and cut costs.

I’m devastated. As I know you are too. I am taking time to seek therapy, get involved in a local support group and have reached out to one old friend for personal support. I have not told my family, as I feel great shame and fear of judgement and advice.

I think the kids won’t be as hard hit as I create in my mind. He’s not always a present father to begin with, but I will look for therapy options for them as well.

I feel so alone. This place of limbo is not fun and I’m the only one having to deal with emotions, he’s walking around living life. I am quietly suffering.

My advice to you is, connect with ALL of your family and friends from back home, get as much support as you can. Look into groups, and therapy and definitely look into cleaning up your finances. You need to fend for yourself now and that’s all there is to it. Buy all the self help, spiritual, personal growth books, write yourself some goals and timeline. Write about everything. Be good to yourself. Be gentle to yourself. You are worth more. You are worth effort, consideration and love.

What a **** show. Hugs sweet Shanna. I’m right in the thick of it with you. If nothing else, know you’re not alone.