Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stuck at home suffering while he lives his best life

That must be torture for you to go through. Is a parenting order possible to apply for now that you’re separated, pending a divorce? So he would have to act his age and look after his kids sometimes, instead of leaving you to take responsibility?

Are you entitled to claim any government financial assistance to move out and rent your own place?

@Moi it is absolute torture. I think we will be going through the parenting classes soon. Hopefully he will wake up at that point

I really really feel you on this! My situation is a little different in the sense that my soon to be ex-husband is an introvert while I'm the extrovert. Which means while we are stuck under the same roof waiting on our mediation date, he is loving that we have to cohabitate together while I am drowning. Trying to hold it together for the kids and I know we can coparent well bc of seen sides of that, and the kids are the ONLY thing we can communicate about without getting heated. So the weekends are THE WORST bc I can't get away from him. I was thinking about your situation, and what is worse you know? Knowing that he's out and you can't go out and you do EVERYTHING for you and the kids, or my not being able to even take a breath. Even insisted on going to church with us, as if we are together anymore. I can't get rid of this guy. Would love to talk. I got off facebook with all this going on and really feel like no one understands. Please reach out and let me know if you need the same!

I'm so sorry that you are in this situation.

He is showing his true nature, which is probably why you are divorcing. It is sad that he showing this behavior to his children and missing out on time with them if he is gone all the time.

Try to focus on the silver linings. If he is out of the house, then you don't have to deal with him. Get out of the house with your kids! Have fun with your kids, meet up with friends,

Instead of thinking about him "living his best single life", look at it for what it is. He is living a sad, pitiful, unmanly life.

Try to remove your attention and caring from what he is doing and focus all that energy on yourself and your kids.

Good luck!
Kelly