Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: On a rollercoaster ride

Hi Ss
What is the reason why you are not telling your husband that you want a divorce ?
If he is a violent person it is understandable
How long you have been marriage?
What is your reason your want to leave?
Maybe you can salvage your marriage with counseling
Whatever decision you make I wish you best of luck And go with your guts if you feel happy walking out on him
But your also need to think about your financial status to see if you can survive on your own if in case he was the only one working especially if there are kids involved

Thank you for the message. Actually he is very abusive and selfish if I told him before I might not have been able to get important things beforehand like my documents and jewelry. He would have stopped me from all this and he would have put a show or something.
It has been 2 yrs for us being married.
But no counselling won't work here, as he has some physical problems also.
And divorce is the only option here.
And I am a working woman so hopefully financial part won't be so difficult. And no, kids are not involved.

Good luck!

I also did not tell my then husband that I was filing for divorce. He was very emotionally and verbally abusive. I was following the advice of my attorney and keeping myself safe.

No reason to feel guilty, do what you need to do to take care of yourself! I'm sorry that this is a hard time for you, but it will get so much better when you are not with him anymore!

Good luck,
Kelly