Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Monkey see monkey do (possibility)

Life is challenging! We do the best we can, but sometimes it's just too much! You find yourself arguing with those you love. There's too much to do and you just want to go back to bed! You feel overwhelmed and exhausted, and don't know where to turn. This is the time to call someone like me who helps people through the tough times. Think of it like a getting a "tune-up" for your life: adjust this part here, and replace that piece there, and now your life is running like a well-tuned engine again.

At Clear Counseling I specialize in working with people just like you; people looking for a better way to fix what's not working in their lives, people who want more joy, more love, more satisfaction from life.

I'm NOT a "quiet listener" counselor; I will freely offer my opinions and ideas, and I expect my clients to do the same. If you'd like a free brief phone consultation, please call me at. 312-399-4366 I'd be happy to talk with you

Clear coaching & Counseling
Empowering individuals and Couples.Lets Talk!
Tel 312-399-4366
ask for Anthony

Re: Monkey see monkey do (possibility)

It depends on so many factors...

The relationship he’s historically had with his parents: Was it nurturing for him as a child? Did they neglect or abuse him? Did the use unfair discipline etc? If so, he may harbour resentment against them.

If it’s his personality however, then that’s a fixed entity.

People with Aspergers often lack empathy towards others than can show as a lack of caring.

People with sociopathic tendencies don’t tend to like others and don’t try to ‘fit in’ or to impress anyone else.

There’s a phrase: ‘Past behaviour predicts future behaviour.’

If you’re thinking of starting a relationship with him, or know of a friend who is perhaps, then maybe a ‘trial’ period first is advisable, so you/they can gain insight into what it’s like to live with him from day to day, without a long-term commitment. I wouldn’t be bringing children into the world with him until you/they were 100% (or as near as) sure of his behaviours/attitude.