Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Suddenly alone at 64

My husband of almost 40 years told me that he does not love me and he picked up and moved to another state.

I am destroyed of course. We never had kids and I'm really alone. So sad. Cry all day.

I'll get through it, but it's hard. I am over 60 so I guess no more love in my life now.

Hello. First of all, hugs to you. I am 58 and have been divorced for 10 years. Not dating but still busy with kids.
Remember, as others have said, to take care of yourself right now. Get as much rest as you need, eat right, take vitamins, water, brush your teeth, shower regulary. The initial shock will wear off but the sadness and betrayal takes longer to manage. "This too will pass".
I am living my best life ever as a single person. I have embraced all my favorite hobbies, watched movies, caught up on books, and have the freedom to come and go whenever I want.
It's very scary, overwhelming even, to be alone again. I was afraid of being alone in the house at night with my kids.
Since then, I have taken self-defense classes, and gotten a RING doorbell in order to feel safer.
I have a handiman take care of things around the house. I have a brother who helps me with car issues. Otherwise, find a good auto service dept and build a relationship with them.
I have had a chance to reconnect with girlfriends and had forgotten how much fun they are, since I had only done things with my husband and family during our marriage.
Sending you hope, hugs and prayers.

Hi Shree, I am in a similar situation. After 10 years, 8 married, my husband says he’s not in love and he’s not over his dead wife (she died 14 years ago!!).

I’m 56, we were planning retirement for next year. His oldest is getting married in 2 weeks. He took everything from me, my best friend, 3 of our 5 kids, and my life. I’ve tried to make sense of this but there is no justification. My faith is strong and I’m standing on it to move forward. If you stop asking why and start looking at how you can heal. Promise.

Shree, he was weak to tell you by phone. So sad I know, but not worthy of your love. I know you just want him back. Really feel your pain. Especially difficult where you live, I'm sure.

Just try to get through each day, as I do.
If you are religious, pray. If you're not, pray anyway.

Suggest psalms esp # 22 and 23. Get online if you don't have a Bible. Helps just to read the words and cry.

God answers all prayers, even if sometimes the answer is no. It means different things are coming. Maybe better in some way.

Hope it helps.

You are so very correct! He does!

Shree, I am so so sorry at the events surrounding him.

I don't think there are any words I can give you for wisdom in this. All I can do is offer a virtual hug (((((((hugs))))) and the sending of love your way.

I know for me 51 I am worried as I have a whole host of health problems one being Meneires (vertigo).

I personally get scared sometimes when as I move on preparing myself to leave him.

The one thing I started to do was research for support groups for woman growing old alone.

I just started the research recently but I will share a link I found valuable enough to keep as they mention a few things in there.

https://www.bluezones.com/2019/03/when-needs-arise-these-older-women-have-one-anothers-backs/

I hope it helps.