Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Divorced

Divorce is like a death. You almost have to treat it that way. You've lost someone and the heart needs to heal (even if you wanted the divorce). For me the important thing is to allow myself to feel all those feelings of loss, anger, sadness and be sure you process them. Suppressing them only makes it worse & I don't think you can truly move on if you don't. If you're asking how do you do that, my answer is when you get angry let yourself be angry, sit with those feelings for a bit but then tell yourself you need to let go of that anger because the only person affected is you. If you're sad, be sad and then remind yourself you've made the right decision and realize all the good things that are to come your way. It's not always going to be easy, the rollercoaster of emotions can take hold of you if you let them.
How I do it is I see all the good things in my life AND I remember how miserable I was for so long. I'm in a much better place because of it.
Lastly, remember that you're a good person & you're happiness is worth letting go.

Thank you Monica
What you would do if in case you bump into your ex ?
If you see him approaching you would run the opposite side so you would not face him ?
I have not talk or seen him since my divorce and I do not want to see him at all
When I filed for divorce I just took my necessities and run away from the house without telling him
🤗 ✌️
Wish you well and strength 🙏

I have run into him a couple of times- once with his new "baby momma". I've approached each run in with grace (I believe), smiled & hi. He's the one who is super petty & making our divorce settlement a nightmare BUT I always try to remind myself "I'm so much better off without him & his selfish manipulative narcissistic self!!!"
It's a daily struggle sometimes but strength from a good support system has helped me move past all of this

Free Divorce Webinar

Hi Lilia,

We are a group of Cal Poly students studying entrepreneurship and are currently taking a customer development class. We are working with Dr. Michael McGee, a psychiatrist based in Avila Beach, on creating a community called “WellMind” for divorced individuals. We need divorced individuals to sign up for our webinar that we are hosting on December 1 at 4:30pm to 5:00 pm. If you are not divorced, it would be greatly appreciated if you could send this survey to people you know who are. Thank you so much! Your participation is greatly appreciated.

Use this link to our landing page to sign up: https://susielloyd9.wixsite.com/wellmindlandingpage

Sincerely,
Susie Lloyd, Lily Wolfe, Bella Wygant, Hannah Kay, and Maile Broad