Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Should I stay?

No, I don’t hun. I’m sincerely worried for your well-being if you let him move in with you. Look at what your older sister and younger brother think of him. They are also not getting ‘good vibes’ from him (already).
That, and the fact a woman from the UK ran a mile from him and didn’t return again once she’d met him in person. These are all ‘warning signs.’

The fact he’s trying to stop you from communicating with your family is controlling behaviour. I strongly suspect he may try to socially-isolate you from friends and family if he moves in with you so people can’t see and hear what’s going on ‘behind closed doors.’ This is a dangerous situation to be in and highly likely to happen, as he’s already telling half truths lies about you to others to blame you for things you haven’t done, or said. He’s already starting to work at manipulating other people’s opinions of you as part of an attempt to humiliate, devalue and scapegoat you. What do you do? Well…in your own words-you say nothing. You try to not ‘rock the boat’ and just ‘grin and bear’ it.

Read your own words hun “ He seems so sweet and sincere and then he switches and lashes out like crazy.”

Please, please, please KEEP AWAY from this human. Do NOT let him move in with you. I’m not sure what the cultural implications are for you regarding divorce, but surely no culture wants women to become victims of domestic violence and coercive control/gas-lighting.

You sound as if you’re still planning on allowing him to come live with you. We don’t live in Disneyland hun. The chances of him turning into Prince Charming are next to ZERO. The chances of you getting emotionally and maybe even physically hurt are…just too high to take the risk. He already appears to try to guilt you into buying him gifts and giving him money. What if he makes you work two jobs to keep him happy, treats you badly, then leaves you because he had no intention of staying married and only wanted a spousal visa? I know that sounds cruel, but it happens time and time again, sadly.

Why take the risk of messing your life up? Ditch the loser before you have little choice in the matter because he’s living with you and has started controlling who you can see, speak to, what money you can spend etc etc…

Re: Should I stay?

Thank you so much, Tina. I truly appreciate your helpful advice and sweet and reassuring words. I wish I could hug you hehe. 🤗 I really do appreciate you for responding back. I have decided to choose my happiness instead of looking at his since he clearly doesn’t care for me or my happiness. I can’t live the rest of my life in misery. Granted I feel sad that my short lived marriage didn’t work out but at least I won’t be crying or being emotionally abused. I just hope God is seeing me through this and he brings someone into my life that treats me with love and care ❤️ Thank you again.