Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Divorce questions..... HELP

My name is Amber and in recently fully divorced and I have questions about divorce and the home. The home is in my name and even the mortgage. We agreed that my now ex husband would stay in the home for the child's sake as it was the home she was born in. Recently my ex decided to move out of the home and all we agreed on is he would take over paying the monthly Bill's nothing about the house was put in his name so I've been told that if I want to move back into my house I'd have to go to the court so he cant sue me even tho he told me I have the rights to my house and tht he didnt want to live there. So the home is abandoned at the moment and I've been paying the bills and I want to move back in in a month or so. So can I just move back in or do I have to go to court to file papers that in not even sure what to file for.

Re: Divorce questions..... HELP

The house is in your name? Did anything in the divorce give him the house?

We put in divorce papers that hed take over the home for the child but we never changed anything into his name because I thought we would be in good standing like he would keep up with the Bill's and tht i trusted him enough to keep up but hes moved out and house is still mine. We did an agreement divorce didnt have to go to be in front of a judge or anything he agreed with what we put on paper and that's how it ended up.

I don't see why you couldn't just move back in. He defaulted on the agreement.