Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Feeling hurt, lost, and considering divorce …

I had tears while reading your post, Diane. I feel that if I keep continuing this path you are exactly correct. I have tried to explain to a few friends of what I’m dealing with and they don’t understand why I keep going through this. As I don’t either… I’m smart enough to know as I’m a RN snd have another degree as well. But dumb enough to keep dealing with this emotional abuse! I think what it boils down to is a new house, new car, and have so much together. I have seen single friends struggle so much I feel like I’ll be loosing so much without his income. Plus… I’ve always had him since High school. I’m scared to be single to be honest. My family (immediate family) does not live in this state. It’s just me my kids and a few relatives. I know I need help because every time I try to talk about his hurtful behavior I start to cry— including this. I have soooo much hurt because of the words he’s called me, etc. I have come from a broken family and he holds that also against me. His parents… married for over fifty years or so. His mom one time said “I never know if I’ll say the wrong thing, etc” I know his mom just listens to his dad. But I’m honestly not that women. I’m not going to be submissive to his hurtfulness. I feel this broken road has been going on for soooooo many years. I also know that due to his business being successful I’m in for a major battle. I don’t have the fighting money like he has.
I really appreciate all your kind words of advice as you understand exactly what I’m dealing with. I’m hoping that the bright light will shine soon. Xxx hugs to a better life for you as well I’m the future!