Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need help weather to leave my marriage , grass isn’t always greener on the other side?

Oh and I did try to leave once but I was off my meds per his recommendation and I went crazy basically , scared and overwhelmed about going through Witt everything and super confused and lonely

Re: Need help weather to leave my marriage , grass isn’t always greener on the other side?

Victoria,

My situation is similar to yours in that I was the breadwinner. My ex also had a job, but there was a huge disparity in our pay. As far as housework, I did it all. He maintained our vehicles and would run errands when I asked but for the most part I maintained our household from cooking to cleaning, assisting with children’s homework, paying the bills, planning and paying for vacations for our family. I was lonely and unhappy for 3 years and feared what would happen if we divorced. We are now divorced and the struggle is with coparenting. I not in a relationship right now to focus on building myself back up and finding who I am again. I lost myself trying to make him happy and forgot about myself. It was a hard decision, but I don’t think i would have stayed, even knowing what I know now. It is a hard decision no matter which route you take.

L