Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No contact after 30 years and 3 kids

I’m still angry weeks after my ex texted me telling me not to reach out anymore because he’s in a “very serious relationship “.

I ONLY EVER texted on his birthday, Christmas and Fathers Day. No calls no nothing else. So after his birthday text when I got that I was stunned!!! I’m not romantically interested in him but feel totally discarded after 26 years of marriage and 3 kids. What does his relationship have to do with text greetings from ME? I’m NOT his ex-GIRLFRIEND!! I’ve been in a relationship for several years and he’s aware of that. It’s never stopped me from being decent towards him.

What do you think?

Re: No contact after 30 years and 3 kids

Hi Monique
What was the reason of your divorce ?
Was there any cheating during your marriage ?
If he was cheating during your marriage and did not even visit his own Kids I would not text him at all no matter how long your marriage lasted
Why bother ?

No cheating involved. He was very loyal and generally a good guy. I needed to make some changes as I was unhappy. He’s in touch with his kids. It’s just ME that he doesn’t want any interaction from and the breakup was NOT hostile. At all! So I was quite surprised.

Hi, he’s moved on emotionally and you need to do the same. As nice a gesture as it might have seemed, it might have caused an argument with his new partner, potentially. Forget him. You left him. He may still secretly be hurting. Put the past in the past, keep walking forwards and don’t look backwards (as this often trips us up emotionally…)

Thank you both for your opinion. You’re actually the only people out of everyone I’ve spoken to That were not apalled at the fact that a new relationship would prohibit Him from communicating specifically simple things as was the case for me. But I thank you for sharing your thoughts I will give it some consideration and to be clear ‘you left him’ is a little over the top. I am the one who was experiencing some challenges and we both agreed at that time that we probably should not be together for a while. The intention was to spend a couple of months/ weeks whatever apart and then figure out what it is we wanted to do. We never got back together so that was that. My only concern really was not being able to do simple communications, and perhaps I’m not moved on as emotionally as I believe I am. I’ve been in a relationship for the last very many years and quite honestly have not thought about him romantically at all— but he was my best friend for 30 years and is the father of my children.

I 100% percent agree with Holly
Take care of yourself and your Kids
Wish you the best of luck 🙏