Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need advice

Speak to a lawyer. If you feel that your privacy is being invaded, or you are being stalked, there may be legal recourses you can take.

My lawyer is out of the office till Monday which I was super upset about because this gives him another opportunity to talk bad about me to the kids. He is hurting our youngest. She is so confused. Our son is not dealing with it at all. He just avoids it. He likes seeing his dad but doesn’t like the fact that he talks bad about me and my boyfriend and is worried that I will go to jail because his dad is saying it so much

Hey,

I have not gone through this but My ex did when we first met. Your ex is angry and vengful. this is so unfortunate. He is using the kids to get to you. I don't know how old your kids are, but until you speak to a lawyer, speak to the kids. Reassure them that you will not go to jail. If they are old enough, let them know that they can tell their dad that they don't want him to speak bad about you. I don't recommend you getting involved. Just be you, do you and stay out of the drama. The kids will see that you are living your life in a good way. I know it is difficult, and will affect the kids. You can ask for full custody if he is emotionally traumatising the kids. It takes time however. Hand in there.