Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Controlling Husband

Been married for 18 yrs and my husband likes to control me and others people (he thinks that he feels powerful by controlling everyone he sees and know) I do not know if I want to stay with him for the rest of my life
He will not change he can be nice but the controlling issue is pushing me away and he will never change and never will
After talking to him about his controlling issue he did stoped but it went back again...
Should I stay or should I go ?

Re: Controlling Husband

Have you tried marriage counseling? It might help to sit down with a third party to work things out. It might help you to go on your own. Going on my own helped me alot!

Even if counseling doesn't resolve the issues, at least you will know that you tried. If he refuses to go, then go by yourself, and that will also tell you something about his willingness to work on your marriage.

Good luck!
Kelly

Re: Controlling Husband

There are two ways you can deal with it. Number one you have to be completely unaware of it. He is in his fun and you are in your fun. Keeping them cool is not the only way to become like this in each other's lives. . . If he is in the midst of another marriage and he is doing all this on purpose