Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Confused

Hi, As you've only been divorced for 2 years, I suspect your heart and mind still have a lot of unprocessed emotional hurt to process. The thought of potentially jumping into a new marriage probably scares the hell out of you, subconsciously. There's no need to rush into a marriage again. If you're happy as things are with your boyfriend, why be pressured into marrying again? That old adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it,' comes to mind!

Your independence in having your own home is a really strong 'protective' factor. If things don't work out with him long-term, you can have peace of mind that you've got a safe haven.

Also-you describe him as loving, kind, generous etc. Is the relationship positive and reciprocal or are you bored/feel unequally matched?

I guess you can keep the relationship light for the moment. Maybe keep living separately, get to know him better over time, and...if he wants you, he'll be prepared to wait until/if you become ready for a deeper commitment. I'd be trusting my gut instinct. If he were to break it off with you-would you feel upset, or relieved...? Have a think about that, as it can help provide some insight into your true feelings 🌸