Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Starting thr Process

I saw my lawyer today. I am trying to be open and respectful with my soon to be ex but he is like Tasmanian Devil. Hot and cold and spouting off hurtful things at me. The worst part is our 2 year old is seeing this. I don't argue, I shut down and focus on my baby. This is the right thing for me and my child but this feels so isolating.

Re: Starting thr Process

Yes, starting the process can be a very terrifying experience. Just know that many have successfully navigated divorce before

Being the Mom of a young child makes things all the more complicated, as you now have small eyes watching you, and looking to you as a role model.

If you'd like some outside support in navigating the process at a fraction of attorneys fees, with some real instruction on the different options available to you (litigation, mediation, collaborative divorce or pro-say) and some communication strategies that will help put you in the driver seat, I'd consider hiring a CERTIFIED divorce coach.

As such, I work primarily with Moms going through what you're going through, and I can work remotely via Zoom.

If you're interested in a free consultation, please visit my website at www.breakthroughdivorcecoaching@gmail.com.

Whatever you do, don't lose hope. There IS light at the end of the tunnel.

Hang in there,
Marnie

Re: Starting thr Process

You started the process the day you got married.