Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ex using kids to set me up

I understand how you feel. I think my ex is using my kids to also get information to come after me. My new husband and I have recently moved and are in a camper on our land and trying to get things started and I think because we are not completely on grid aka hooked to water and only have a generator for the moment he is going to use this to come after me saying it is not sufficient for living. He has physical custody and I only get visitation because of moving away from the area they grew up in and the “support” of immediate family. I am thinking of giving him full custody because of the stress it is putting on me and my husband but my husband feels guilt I am choosing him over my children. I don’t know what to do. I love my kids but I love my husband and do t want any of them in the middle. I feel if I give my kids up they may resent me but then maybe my ex will leave us alone. We are planning on building a home and this is only temporary

Kids come first. Adults have choices. Kids don't

Kids do come first. But is it alright to abandon them to get the ex to stop harassing

No, of course not! You've chosen a lifestyle that may place you at risk of losing your children , so change the 'beeping' lifestyle so you prioritise your children. It's not rocket science...Get a good lawyer and find out where you stand. Are you just guessing that your current, temporary accommodation situation will not be viewed positively by the court? Check the facts before jumping to any conclusions, but for goodness sakes, fight for part-custody if your children. How would you feel if you were in their shoes right now? View life through their eyes, not just your own...