Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I do not understand 🧩D

After a long marriage I decided to filed for divorce, I thought that when a person gets older- a person will be more calm, understanding, less argumentative, relaxed etc... in this case my ex (65 yrs old) didn’t.
He was controlling , impatient, most of the time he always find something bad to say about our adults Kids which I am very proud of what they became :))
Instead of my ex being Thankful he was always moody too
He had some kind of anger towards me just because I usually get along with everyone ..and he told once that I should be more rough with people .(I could not talk to him regarding his ways of treating me, my Kids and others it would get him very angry ) I had enough
(Now he feels very sad and very lonely and he became sick)
My Friends and Family told me that I should have had divorced him long time ago, because they all know his personality, I was blind .
They are very happy for me that I made this decision to leave him.
They are telling me that I deserve much better.
I do not plan or want to meet. Any man.
Now he is realizing what he lost .
Even though I filed for divorced yes I do feel sad and sorry for him ,but I could not live my life together peacefully.

I do not understand WHY???? a divorced person feel the desire to stay friends with their exes ?

They could have been Friends too during their marriage
Right ?

Of course Is important for the father be involved with the children ,that is up to the kids .
Even our Kids are happy for me that I made this decision to divorce him, my Kids also did not like the way he treated them that is Why they do not want their father in their life either.
That’s unfortunately but I cannot force them .
It is what it is !
My life is more Peaceful
I wish him well and I hope he will find someone.

Life continues...

Re: I do not understand 🧩D

Sounds like a wise decision 🙏 I hope you find peace and can move on. If you want to stay friends, and that works for you both-why not? Just be cautious not to be lured back in. It sounds as if, eventually, you may both be happier souls living separately.