Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Trying to understand my thoughts and feelings

I'm guessing you feel betrayed? He cheated on you in your marriage, and now there're together, as an out in public married couple. That's bound to hurt; even if you were the one who filed for divorce. Give yourself permission to feel angry with the situation, but ultimately, start looking out for number one and focus your energy on healing and empowering yourself to live a new life that is free of living with a liar and cheat.

Chances are-he may cheat on her too eventually. There's the old adage 'once a cheater, always a cheater...' and there's a lot of truth in that it seems, from women's posts on this forum.

Get busy creating the best version of you that you can be :) Make it so the next time he sees you, you've left his new partner for dust-in terms of career, confidence, happiness, health and fitness etc. Success is the best form of 'revenge.' Let the bitterness go. Don't let it eat at you. Don't give thoughts of him the real estate space in your brain! Use you brain to heal and empower yourself. Karma will deal with him. You just need to deal with taking care of you. Some women find it helpful to write a journal so you can read back through it, to see how much your life has moved on; inch by inch. I also like the idea of writing my troubles on a piece of paper and floating it away down a river or creek. There's something calming and releasing about seeing one's troubles float away for nature and the universe to deal with when our lives feel overwhelming, angry and/or sad.

Have you read 'The Serenity Prayer?' I also find that healing and helpful when I feel down or angry 🙏