Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ice out has got to be very close!!

Thanks Glen!

Came from Tuftonboro by Alton to Gilford this AM. 19 Mile Bay all the way to Melvin, in front of Libby Museum and Wolfeboro was still iced in. There was a lot of open water in Alton but a large sheet was still blocking the way out to the broads. May be gone by now. If not real soon. Broads are wide open.
Dave S

Water temp is back down to 37 degrees?? Normally it will be 40 degrees at official ice out!

Need some warm nights and a little sun. I prognosticated Easter but I hope I was wrong.

I'm headed to Champlain.

Dick

Have a nice trip to Champlain Dick, I'm heading up early to Squam, have a few electronic issues to have checked out/fixed. Then if possible we will put the boat on the dock on Winni, all we need to do is get out to 1 mile..the dock and Cove are clear. Not sure what to expect later tomorrow, but we'll check it out.

Even if we have to bring it home after it's fixed, as long as we know we are good to go when the ice goes out. 3 shake down cruises and I've had about all the shaking this old body can take.. How can so many little things go wrong over the winter, ugh.

Big John

I hear you there John...I went to defog the 2 motors late sunday,little motor is good to go,old smokie didn't even turn over,just click.#1 shakedown cruise on saterday and it may be without old smokie,good thing we won't really need her before the derby.polebreaker