Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Please post ice out conditions

I come from Tuftonboro to Gilford every day to work. We live on Chase Point by 19 Mile Bay and as far as I can see this morning up toward Melvin Village is still iced in. In front of Libby museum was still iced in. The ice has been moving in Wolfeboro but there's a large section blocking access out. Alton Bay out by Sandy Point still had a large section blocking it at 7:30 but with the wind today it might be gone. Will check again on my way home tonight. The broads are clear.
Dave S

thanks Dave...sounds like the Broads down into Alton will be in good shape unless a large chunk of ice breaks free from the north end and complicates things. Also sounds like much of the north half will be locked up for several more days into next week. Great update!

Went to Gilford today. Could not see any ice on the lake, just a little on the shore in the direction of the wind. No ice anywhere. Saw on small boat fishing at the state park beach. Be careful just after ice out there is alot of junk floating in the water.

I was in alton today and the bay is mostly ice free but, The last half towards black point has many chunks of ice. From the mouth of alton out to the eastern side of rattlesnake to wolfeboro looked clear but the front side facing wolfeboro neck still had white ice on it. Big masses of white ice.

We put in at West Alton Marina late this afternoon, plenty of open water. Center Harbor was still iced in so we are leaving the Barge at west Alton Marina until it opens up. Looked like lots of ice on the eastern shore line down south, but otherwise great.

We (Russ and Floydo) fished about 2 hours, 1--21" Salmon that had the body of a pickeral he was pitiful.

Probably fish again Saturday.

Big John