Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
monday 's advice

hey folks, headin up to winni monday morning, and after reading the weather for tomorrow, it says east winds. i ve always heard wind from the east, fishing bites ! true/ false ? im thinkin of launching at either SS OR MEREDITH. any advice ? it ll be greatly appreciated. i only have a 14 foot w/ a 25 horse. so long rides are'nt usually an option ..so,, lookin for advice .
thanks

Re: monday 's advice

Wind from the east fishing the least!!! Wind from the west fishing the best!!!!

The wind is actually supposed to be from the NE changing to southerly. That means you should be fishing the Westerly shore unless you want to hide from the wind?? I don't believe fish watch the weather report before they decide to feed. The best time to fish is when you have time.

I would put in at Silver Sands and fish from the Witches back to Elaquoya.

Good Luck
Dick

With a 14 ft boat you would do well to launch at SS and use the islands to fish near when the white caps kick up. Try south of Governors, against Locke, Welch all produce well.All the fish I have caught never listened to a weather forcaster also. Good Luck

It can get dangerous in a hurry out there, I would listen closely to the weather reports. They are not very accurate for wind it seems, but when they say it's going to blow good, it usually does, and when they say it wont, it still seems to blow pretty good sometimes..

If you have a small, slow boat, don't go far from cover or shore if it seems the sligthest bit windy, big waves can come up in a heartbeat.

There is allot of merit trying to figure out where you might get best protection/sheilding from the wind.

Big John