(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Squam report

W-Fat
Getting caught up as computer has been down.
Fished one day on Winni 7/25, Released 5 Togue, 2 21" & 3 shorts. 2 on Jims Rod pumper, & 2 on the new jigger ball I bought. (Cut2 spec) & 1 on lead core. All on flies. Only on the water 4 hrs. Did not get out early as I told Coolwater. I had a belly ache, from the 18 white russians I had at Patricks the night before. (I think I"m lactose intolerent)And had to get off water early to get to the Tractor Supply store to buy the kids mother some new bib-overalls. To ware around the Pool at the Motel. More to come W-Fat

Same here on Squam as far as Jim's Rod Pumpers and Cut 2 Spec "G2JiggerBall", without them we would be "Squamed" (skunked) more times than I want to admit. Flies, kept moving by the above two methods are the hot set up, even on the slowest days.

Just about every trip out we pick up at least 1 over 4 or 5 pounds and once in a while one over 6, Big Bows are getting scarce, but still get into one now and then. Past weekend (3 days) big fish were LLS 6.65, LLS 5.6, Bow just under 5, these were the only keepers, plus maybe a 1/2 dozen small Bows and several Bass.

However, the one big fish are most times the only keeper and many times the only bite, but small (14 to 15") Bows are showing up more.

Squam is running out of fish fast, hope we can pick off a few the last remaining weeks of the season.

Don't go there in the hopes of getting a big boy in a couple of hours, plan on 8 to 10 hours trolling 4 to 6 lines. Be careful of the bottom. One Squam savy fisherman lost two down rigger balls and two Dave Davis rigs (in 2 hours) Sunday, he knew the lake well too..love to mention his name but I wont, lol.

Other details, fish are from 4 to 6 colors or 32 feet down, flies (from AJ's) Red Grey Ghost are the absolute best, spoons have been dead well over a month.

Surface temp is high 70's, high 60's down to 32 feet, 42 feet before you find mid-50's. But Salmon and Bows both are coming up to high 60's water to take a bite ?

I'd love to post some photos (don't know how) and do send them "all" to the bragging board, but AJ is still having technical problems I guess. However I did see a few new photos the other day, not mine, guess I'm the wrong sex and not cute enough, lol ??????

Big John

Re: Squam report

Oops, I see my photos have been posted, thanks AJ.

I'll send a few more.

Thanks again,

Big John

Don't go there in the hopes of getting a big boy in a couple of hours, plan on 8 to 10 hours trolling 4 to 6 lines. Be careful of the bottom. One Squam savy fisherman lost two down rigger balls and two Dave Davis rigs (in 2 hours) Sunday, he knew the lake well too..love to mention his name but I wont, lol.

Wasn't his name already mentioned on another post?
Doesn't his name rhyme with SORRY? :>)
Cal

White Cap

Wasn't his name already mentioned on another post?
Doesn't his name rhyme with SORRY? :>)
Cal

How'd ya guess, lol. He ought to be ashamed of himself, too bad as it wasn't his boat or gear..

Big John