Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lake O fishing report

Thanks for the great report Salty,it was almost like being there,must have been a blast--Bud

My side of the events, we stopped at Screwy Louie's Sport Shop in Fairhaven to get licenses, info and of course the latest hot lure, “The Goby”. The lake was down some 20” and it was suggested that we stay out in the 10’ zone.

Wed fishing we stayed out in the 10’ zone and did fairly wel, water temp 45, ran a 2 color lead with hot orange J9 Rapala which turned out to be the hottest setup. Ran a variety of lures and stick baits off the boards and riggers with mixed results. Went out to 130’, change our setup to lead at 7 colors off the boards and riggers at 35 and 45 ft. Pickup a couple of small kings 6+ lbs. The bait was thick and expansive as seen in this snapshot.

Thru fishing we started out in the 10’ zone until spotting a 30+ ft charter in at 5’ trolling, then we fished from 5 to 10’ for several fish. One of the fish come off a special rig; fly rod with sinking line with a dark green Slug-Go attached to a line jigger, Richard had fun bring in that brown.

Fri fishing in the fog with a slight breeze from the NW. Started out with the waves broad side 2 – 3 footers which was making the boat tip violently. Decided to power up and run up the coast for 4 miles and troll back with the wave coming in from the starboard rear quarter. By the time we made our run the lake settled out a little so we good to go. Cal caught the most unusual fish, a Goby about 4” long while setting out the lines. We had a decent morning of fishing which include 2 doubles.

One day Salty calls on the radio and before I could answer another boat jumps in, Salty thinks I’m talking to him, he continues on his with the other boat, then Salty realizes that he is not talking to me and now thinks it is Richard, this goes on for 10 to15 minutes until the other boat identifies himself as Louie Louie, we were laughing splitting a gut and rolling in the isle. Salty sure know how to provides some entertainment.

To sum it up, we had a good time with many light hearted moments and the accommodations were great.

On the way home, Mass Turnpike, almost collided with a deer that was crossing the road and decided to do an about face, could have had grilled venison stuff with brown trout.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Gus

Pictures

The Dunes

The Salted One

The Judge

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Gus

Re: Pictures

It was a good time fishing with the boys on Lake O. Before and after fishing, we had a "real" fish camp. There was a lot of stories told, I am not to sure of the accuracy of some. I am certain that they will get bigger & better as time goes by. LOL! It was a pleasure to meet Jim Barry.
Salty, Those are two pretty footballs you have there.
Richard

As Gus mentioned, our accomodations at the Anchor Resort in Fairhaven, NY were great. It's located on the southern end of Little Sodus Bay.
Six of us stayed in a modular unit that had two full baths and three bedrooms with two beds in each.
Our slips were only a hundred yards away.
Cost for lodging and two slips for 4 days was only $660. Split 6 ways that was only $110/angler.
Because Gray Ghost and Salty let us use their boats and tow them out there, the other four of us pay for gas,oil, and tolls for the boats and the trucks.
All in all the cost for the four of us was $264 each. Not bad when you consider it cost about $500/day for a charter and we fished three and a half days.
Thought you might want to see what it costs to fish Lake Ontario when you're an RFP.
I think between the two boats we landed 36 fish. Of course the Gray Ghost crew landed more fish--not counting the Goobie. :>) That might be challenged though.
No fistacuffs between Salty and me. Course we weren't on the same boat together.
Cal

Great Lake O report guys! Thanx for sharing. Cal P.

Cal, Our boat didn't count yellow perch and bass.

Salty