Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wanted: 2 drift bags

I agree, The ski harness works great. An added benefit is when you have a heavy crosswind, the bag will slide to the windward side and stabilizes the boat track giving you more time to fish instead if fighting the boat/wind. I have a 42" bag, it reduces my speed about 1 mph when used this way.

David

I have a large drift bag you can have. Used it only a few times, but I can get my boat slow enough without it.
I live in Holderness.
Contact me of line if you are interested.
birchdale@roadrunner.com

Louis

Old Fisherman,
Thanks for the offer. I have one large bag I made but, as usual, I overdid it. **** thing looks like a parachute. Usually I fish alone and use a bucket with a hole in it off the stern but, especially if the wind is up, it's a hassle to take it in everytime I get a hit. The problem with the single bag is the same as with the single bucket. I figured two smaller bags, one off each side would be better as I could just leave them in the water and there'd be one less thing to do, besides keep the line tight, steer the Tank (which never goes in a straight line for longer than .5 seconds) and net the fish.

all the best,
Gary