Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
alone in the rain

thurs afternoon i got out of work early enough and had the boat with me ...so i was gonna hit squam but have never been on the lake and was not sure of public access ..so i stopped in at A.J's for a little insight ..and to pick up a couple more d.b's ..after talking with alan i decided to just fish winni in merideth ..it was a wet trip as rain was light but steady and the wind was northerly but light..
i had my ttwo lead core lines set before i passed the docks in hopes of a stragler bow but it appeared that the bay waters may have been a little too warm as one line went off and a nice little smallie was the result ..i then trolled over to a little trougth by the entrance of merideth bay and dropped the lines to 4 and 4.5 colors and immediatly had a take ..this one was the unmistakeble bulldogging action of a laker..felt great ..i landed a 23 inch laker and then another soon there after ..all in all i ended up landing 2 smallies 3 yellows 2 lakers and at last 1 acrobatis salmon measurind in at 19 inches ...
all fish were caught on pink and purple d.b"s and nothing on bait ..at 3.5 to 5 colors and safely released in very good condition ..