Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mon, Salt report

Went out with Thomas and friend Ben. Right out of Portsmouth harbor we jigged up some mackerel to use on stripers later in the day. Went out to Whaleback looking for some trophy cod amongst many boats including 5 charters. The bite was too slow for us so we struck out for Old Scantum. It took a while for the cod to turn on, but Thomas put us on top of them.
and we caught plenty of market size cod. Scooted down to the Merrimack for stripers. An east wind made it pretty rough on the river, but there was not any shortage of boats fishing. We had a good run on the stripers and limited out, so we headed back to Portsmouth harbor. While on the Merrimack, we saw Captain Matty keeping his clients busy reeling in stripers.
BTW: Thomas has a "Shoals" floating bait pen for sale.
It is 29" wide 37" high with 3/8" mesh for $ 80.00. Anyone interested can e-mail me. (preferred) or call me at 603-659-2109.
Richard

Re: Mon, Salt report

Great SALT report Richard.

C.C.

Thanks Charlie.
Richard

Nice report Richard.
Thomas doesn't let you down very often, does he.
We have to wet a line soon. I'll send you an email.
Mark.

Im'In
Nice report Richard.
Thomas doesn't let you down very often, does he.
We have to wet a line soon. I'll send you an email.
Mark.

Dear Mark,
Re: Thomas, can't remember when.
I will get back to you on your e-mail.
Richard

Great Report!!
We were just talking about you today. Was wondering what you had been up to.
Winni, Champlain, the salt, its hard to keep track!

Thanks!

Hey Jared, you & Ken have little to say about my schedule. It sounds to me like it is very similar to yours. LOL! One big difference, of which I am jealous,
is I have not been to the West Coast after big Halibut, Kings, and those tournament trophies!
Take care,
Richard

haha yea we have been luck to get out a few times!

We fished Winni yesterday. LOTS of stockies, but managed some nice fish too. It is really tough with all those 5 inch fish. Tough on the mind too.

Fish were 45-60 ft down! wonderbread was the best for us, but caught fish on everything we had out.

Thanks for the Winni report Jared. Too bad about the stockies. I'm planning to be out with Gus & Cal tomorrow on Winni. We will see if we can avoid the future trophies.
Richard