Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chamberlain Stackers

I absolutely LOVE my Chamberlain releases but, like you, it looks like I will have to wait a while longer for the stacker version to come out. The owner said they were in development last year but perhaps the economy is stripped his R&D efforts or they had a technical setback. I checked their website at: http://www.downriggerrelease.com/index.html and the new releases are not mentioned. There is a "contact us" link on the website so you are probably best to ask the question directly (who knows maybe they'll offer you a "beta" version).

I made my own using a roemer release. If I knew how to post pictures I'd put it up. Also had another way to make them stackable but haven't prototyped it yet. The new one I thought of you basically just bend the top and bottom clips to 90 degrees. You then attach those around your cable. Use an old style clamp release to hold it in place. Put the clip end of the clamp release around the cable between the two Chamberlain clips. Once your depth is set use the clamp on the cable to hold it in place.
My original one I have prototyped I take the guts out of the roemer so just the part that attaches to the cable is left. I had some old broken ones so this was easy to do. Not sure I would have destroyed an new roemer to do this. I then ran heavy 180lb mono thru the two holes that are created when you remove the guts. I bent the Chamberlain so it attaches to the mono. It has worked flawless for me. Again I could put up a picture if I knew how here. Maybe a link to my website would be just as good. I'll go take a picture and uploaded it then come back and post the link.

Spike

They had the stacker at the gathering and it is slick.A.J.'S bait and tackle will be carrying them,last time I checked(over a month now)they still wern't out yet.polebreaker

http://www.mermaidchartersfishing.com/images/Chaoemer1.jpg
http://www.mermaidchartersfishing.com/images/Chaoemer2.jpg

Note on the new version you would need to add a Duolock clip or similar that would attach the top end of the Chamberlain to the rigger cable, since that is just a hole. Also on the new version I'm not sure how much up pressure you could put on with the rod tip cranked down before the release slides up the line. Like I said I had kicked it around as another method to try. I do like the fact that the clamp style wont kink your cable like a roemer tends to.

If anyone try's the second version let me know how it worked out for you. Lord knows I have enough of the old pinch pad styles kicking around.

Spike

I heard he got the word from the mold people that this was the week.

Big John

His mold maker has been telling him this was the week for 4 months. I would imagine that they will be out sometimes in July.